2016-12-05

Releasing GOAP approach and first GDScript based datastructure

The last few weeks I have been working on a prototype system based on GOAP (Goal-Oriented-Action-Planning), which is a system for game AI allowing agents to formulate a list of actions from an action pool given to them to fulfill a set of goals. Creating it was mostly fun, albeit sometimes frustrating, but in the end I am proud of what I have accomplished. Instead of doing the sensible thing and start working on a game utilizing this system, I have started working on other things. Just letting bitrot get to the code would be a shame, so I decided to build an example project and release the code.

You can find it here.

The GOAP code uses a priority queue datastructure, which I have decided to release again separately. You can find it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment